The KLABU Amsterdam Spirit is a strong community of people from all walks of life connected by the love for play and sport.
Whether you are a newcomer or have lived here for 20 years: everyone is welcome. The classes are free of charge and accessible to all ages and experience. No need to sign up, just come. Wear something comfy and we will take care of the rest.
30 November ’23
19:00 - 20:00
Weekly Vogue Class by Share Network x House of Vineyard
Move your body, feel safe, have fun. Interested? Send an email to email@example.com.
05 December ’23
15:00 - 17:30
Weekly Board Games
Make new friends playing international board games. Location: KLABU @ Haarlemmerdijk 106.
05 December ’23
18:00 - 19:00
Weekly Social Workout
Every week a different game or sport. Meetup at 17:30h @ KLABU, Haarlemmerdijk 106. The workout is from 18-19h @ Westerstraat 202.
Impact so far
- Since the start of Amsterdam Spirit in 2021, over 800 newcomers and locals have joined our workouts and other activities.
- 80% of our participants return regularly.
- 50% of our members are girls.
- Through Amsterdam Spirit, newcomers find a place where they belong and can escape their daily struggles. For a few hours every week, they can feel just like any Amsterdammer, without worrying about the challenges of their asylum procedure.
- The community is at the heart of everything. The badge you see on this page was designed by our members during a workshop in our clubhouse. It's their club, their shirt, their badge!
- By connecting with local Amsterdammers in all our classes, newcomers also feel more welcome, more accepted, and therefore more at peace in their new city. The active involvement of locals increases understanding and empathy, leading to more inclusive attitudes among locals and newcomers.
- These bridges that are built at the clubhouse also lead to friendships being born outside of it. People have gone on to work together, learn languages and party together.